Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ENTRY IV

So, I'm in HASTE now.

Or what's left of HASTE since they split up.

So let's see...

Heavyweight - Team Leader
Mr. Boy Scout. Not quite as bad as the New Guardians, but still, yeesh. I think I've figured out who he actually is under the mask, but I think he'd prefer me not to voice my guesses on here for the wide world to see. Oh, and his powers? Gravity manipulation, and to a lesser extent, sound generation. Wouldn't be very pretty when he falls on you.

Dr. Insector
The closest thing to a comrade I have on the team. Scientifically gifted, he has produced a way to control the insects around him to do his bidding. It really is an amazing sight watching him fly on an insect swarm.

Golem
I'm really not sure what happened to him. His real name is Danny Byron, one of the few people on this team who aren't hiding under secret identities. I suppose its because he doesn't really have one anymore. No body, no ID. Fortunately, he has some sort of telepathy to be able to talk to use. Hand signals can't really be used in the middle of a battle, you know?

Splice
Opens rifts into another dimension, which he calls "The Void." He can pull objects through the rifts, but won't take people. Understandable, I guess. Seems kind of young to be on a team like this.

Plasmatic
Yours truly, Dr. Adrian Gyarksen. In case you're just tuning into this, I'm completely covered in blue flame. Also, the ionization of the air around me enables me to manipulate my momentum. In other words, I can fly.

There are other heroes circulating around the Big Apple here, and, shock and awe, they aren't all affiliated with Vanguard. And there goes one now, just phased through my room. How nice. If I was in the New Guardians, now would be the time to go all a'hero-hunting. Me? Nah, I'd rather let them do what they want.

6 comments:

concordia_cum_oratio said...

Sorry if I'm being too inquisitive, but how are you able to use computers (and other devices for that matter) with your body encased in flame? Are you able to turn it on and off, or do you have to have things specially-made for your use?

Dr. Gyarksen said...

I did mention this earlier I believe.

I use a voice to text aide.

concordia_cum_oratio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
concordia_cum_oratio said...

I tried one of those voice-to-text programs before, but I gave up on it after a couple frustrating hours trying to set it up. Then again, I don't believe they were ever designed for use by a person who has to use multiple languages.

Apologies about the deleted post- I am still new to this whole blog thing, and I had somehow made a comment in mid-sentence.

Henry Townshend said...

Maybe... the dude who phased through your room just desperately needed to escape a New Guardian member grilling him about his political affiliation and christ how is that any of your business.

Uh, hypothetically.

Henry Townshend said...

Also you tell Heavyweight to stop fucking up my place of work.